- Duration: 65 Minutes (approx.)
- Product code: londondickens
Play a city game where you walk in the footsteps of one of Britain’s greatest writers, Charles Dickens.
You will learn about Dickens’s rags to riches life story and discover the locations that inspired his stories, from pickpockets’ lairs, prisons and courts, to historic pubs and hidden alleyways.
Are you ready for an adventure in Dickens’ London?
- Learn about Dickens’s extraordinary life, from child labourer to celebrated writer.
- Explore the once brutal and crime-ridden streets of Clerkenwell and the stately legal district of Holborn where Dickens studied and worked.
- Discover the darkened bars and inns where lawyers once jostled with scoundrels and Dickens met the colourful characters that would crowd his novels.
Each clue will lead you from one place to another by providing you with exact directions so you won't need a map, GPS, or guide. As you solve the problem and guess the answer, the secret story of that place is unlocked.
After you buy the quest, you'll get your access code by e-mail which will be used in the app. The tour will take you about 1.5 hours to complete, but there’s no time limit which will allow you to go at your own pace. You won't need a guide, just download the app, go to the starting point, and begin the adventure.
If you are a large group, one person can purchase access for the entire group by selecting the number of people in the group. All group members will be able to play the city game on their smartphone. Alternatively, each person can purchase their own ticket.
You can play as a group and solve the clues together as you walk, or you can split into smaller groups/teams and compete against the others. Each person can also play on their own, separate from the group and meet the group at the end of the tour.