Ottawa: In the Eyes of a Street Artist
- Duration: 100 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Ottawa
- Product code: ottawa street art
Get to know Ottawa’s diverse urban art scene through its street and public art. From amateurs to well-known artists – and a few hidden gems – this experience invites you to find dancing lions in Chinatown, learn about one of the world’s greatest inventors in Little Italy, and track down a charming café courtyard with art on every wall.
You can walk, bike, or e-scooter your way around the city. If you don’t have one, you can rent from Escape Bicycle Tours and Rentals at 79 Sparks St.
Want to embody the soul of a street artist? Get your caps and come along.
- Get up close and personal with Ottawa’s vibrant street art and learn the stories behind the canvas
- See one of the largest murals in Eastern Ontario
- Read between the lines and discover the messages hidden within the scribbles
- Enjoy easy cycling or fun hiking with plenty of paths to explore
Each clue will lead you from one place to another by providing you with exact directions so you won't need a map, GPS, or guide. As you solve the problem and guess the answer, the secret story of that place is unlocked.
After you buy the quest, you'll get your access code by e-mail which will be used in the app. The tour will take you about 1.5 hours to complete, but there’s no time limit which will allow you to go at your own pace. You won't need a guide, just download the app, go to the starting point, and begin the adventure.
You can play as a group and solve the clues together as you walk, or you can split into smaller groups/teams and compete against the others. Each person can also play on their own, separate from the group and meet the group at the end of the tour.